Sunday 28 January 2018

coffee dates & writing sessions;

Hello lovely stranger,
a couple months ago my friend katerina and i decided to do something that we've been thinking about a lot; go out and write.



We found a lovely cafe online and judging from the pictures, it seemed cosy and inspiring, exactly what we were looking for. We ordered our drinks,of course i went for hot chocolate, and let me tell you it was the best hot chocolate i've ever tried. 



After taking the whole place in and admiring it's antique decorating, we decided to start writing. it wasn't easy at first, for i tend to only write at home in complete isolation. But after some tries to get a sip from my hot chocolate, which was way too hot, i decided it's time. 



For some reason all my short stories, are about couples, don't ask me why, i don't know. so i let my brain take control and i just spent hours being in an alternate universe where this story of this couple was real (i'm pretty sure many would relate to the short story). I didn't write much but the hours i spent being there and imaging it, made me realise why i fell in love with writing in the first place; you go places, places no one's ever been to. you meet people and you are a part of their lives, you feel what they feel. It's extremely real and utter fantasy at the same time. Writing is teleportation, a super power. 
When the lady brought us back to our real lifes (telling us they are about to close), we realised that we  just spent almost two hours in sweet smelling cafe with our notebooks out, filling them with our words and thoughts.



After we paid for our delicious treats, we decided to pay a visit to the river of the city. it's peaceful place, perfect to read what we wrote in the cafe minutes ago.

writing session // 16.09.2017

I knew right that moment;it's either now or never. he was there, he was ready. all that mattered is that i wanted to. i wanted to be ready, to get into the car, pack my stuff and trust him with all my heart.
i wanted to live my sunsets with him , i wanted to run out of fuel and camp with him in the middle of nowhere, for i wanted him to be my home.
we were driving all night with indie music blasting through the speakers, the windows rolled down with both our hearts beating in sync. he was there and he was ready.
we had chosen the perfect spot, under the stars. the moonlight reflecting on his beautiful eyes. his voice was smooth, telling me all the right things, the things i longed to hear, the words that would stay forever inked on my soul.
he was right there with the perfect plan, the perfect words; he was there and he was ready. and although i wanted to be ready too, i simply wasn't. 

~  ~  ~
On our way home we were talking about this different day and how we'd like to do something like that again. it was definitely worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment